Traffic Safety And Security
This blog covers safety and security operations. Traffic safety& security refers to the methods and measures used to prevent road users from being killed or seriously injured. Road traffic crashes are one of the world’s largest public health and injury prevention problems.
“Road safety” is about risks that are generated by the traffic itself. These risks can be e.g. misbehavior of road users, influenced by design and operation of the infrastructure.
“Security” means protection from threat situations which are brought into the traffic from outside, such as extreme weather conditions or attacks.
The basic idea of both is protecting assets from hazards/threats creating safe/secure conditions. The condition safety is about being protected, while the condition security is about being free from danger.
Global technology are introduced for road safety and security
- With the ‘Safe Cities’ concept, the demand for electronic security systems is on the rise. These include CCTV cameras at every traffic junctions and inside buses & metro rail.
- With the help of in-vehicle technologies like speed governors, GPS, alcometers; it is now easy to map the changing driver behavior.
- CCTV, Traffic signs, traffic lights, barrier systems, speed enforcement systems, driver assistance systems are also the focus areas.
What were the outcomes of the measure?
To establish an efficient real-time road traffic control, monitoring and forecasting system with road safety objectives; • More efficient traffic flow; • A more responsive system to events on the road system; • Better information to road users; • More effective data for forecasting;
Improved road safety and reduced accidents.
Road safety products/equipments
Featuring high endurance, road safety products are effective in utility and applications. Some of these products are:
- Speed Breaker Abs And Rubber
- Road Delineator
- Road Reflectors
- Road Studs
- Sign Boards
- Speed Bumps
- Parking Blocks
- Safety Helmet
Traffic Rules and Guidelines
Over 1.2 million people die each year on the world’s roads, and between 20 and 50 million suffer non-fatal injuries because of not following traffic rules. Safety and security are of primary concern for any transport system.
Traffic rules and regulations are devised to assure the smooth flowing of motor vehicles in the road. Moreover, traffic rules and regulation are not only for the driver of the vehicles but at the same times these rules are meant for the pedestrians, cyclist, motor-cyclist and other road users.
The road safety rules:
- Everyone going on the road (especially drivers) must be to the left and let other vehicles pass on the opposite direction to pass.
- Drivers should be in slow speed while bending or turning on the roads.
- Take extra precaution while going on the over-crowded roads and road junctions.
- Bikers or people using two wheel vehicles must wear helmets of superior quality otherwise they should never go on the road without helmet.
- Speeds of the vehicles should be within the speed limit and slow especially in the areas of school, hospital, colony, etc.
- Every vehicle on the road should maintain the right distance among them to avoid collisions and accidents.
- Everyone using road should be well aware of the road signs and must follow rules.
- All the road safety rules and regulations must be in mind while traveling.
Do not drive without these Documents
- Valid driving license
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Valid vehicle’s insurance certificate
- Permit and vehicle’s certificate of fitness (applicable only to transport vehicles)
- Valid Pollution Under Control Certificate On demand by a police officer in uniform or an officer of the Transport Department, produce these documents for inspection
3M Traffic Safety Systems product line and solutions include:
- Durable sign sheeting and matched components for traffic control and work zone signs.
- Digitally produced vehicle registration systems and data management technologies.
- Durable and temporary pavement markings.
- Vehicle conspicuity markings.